Well-Woman & Gynecology Care
Pre-conception Planning & Fertility Support
We can help you:
- be your healthiest self upon conception
- better understand your fertility in order to achieve pregnancy at an ideal time for your family, career, or other life circumstances
- understand non-medical and medical ways to assist fertility and conception, including informational support for same-sex couples
We can also provide in-home or in-office intrauterine insemination (IUI), although the complexities of fertility medications tend to be out of midwifery scope of practice, so IUI with a midwife is best for those who have no or limited fertility challenges, such as couples with slightly low sperm count, same-sex couples, a single woman desiring pregnancy, or those who may have tried holistic methods to enhance fertility and are not ready to move on to medications or IVF.
Annual Exams & Routine Gynecological Care
The care we provide is rooted in preventative medicine and evidence-based practice, and we are strong proponents of making gynecology care more empowering and comfortable by minimizing the use of stirrups and speculums, as an example.
For women in the Buffalo and surrounding Western New York area, we provide:
- Pap smears
- Testing for sexually transmitted infections
- Routine lab work (blood & urine)
- Pregnancy tests
- Sexual health assessment and education
Birth Control, Contraception & Family Planning
We love helping women be in charge of their own fertility, and birth control & contraception is one of our specialities!
We take the time to learn about methods you've used in the past as well as what you might be interested in now and provide full informed consent about all of the choices available to you.
Just some of the contraceptive methods we can help you obtain include:
- Birth control pills
- IUDs (Mirena & Paragard)
- Diaphragms (Caya)
- Fertility Awareness